Sunday, January 29, 2006

the pathan of hat-trick

Oh God, I must thank the newspaper man who woke me up from my sleep and asked for his bills. Else I must have missed the first over of last India- Pak test at Karachi. What happened in the first over was absolute magic.
Irfan Khan Pathan was bowling to Salman Butt. First Ball was defended, the next two was way outside the offstump- widish deliveries. Then the forth one, was pitched a touch one line of the stump and then deviated a little to take Butt's outside edge only the Captain Cool to take a good neat low catch at first slip.
In came Younis Khan. Irfan put in a lot fullish length and Younis went for playing it across and was wrapped on the pads. Simon Taufel didn't have any other doubts. Good that Mohd. Yousuf was padded up.
Now came the last ball of the over. Pitched outside the offstump and came in sharply to clip the middle and off stumps. Boy that was joy all over. I have watched a lot of on a Hatrick balls, but never ever a Hatrick in this small life. It was absolute gem!! And still when I write this he is swinging the balls mate. Did somebody comment about his thump position on the Seam ??

2 comments:

pophabhi said...

I think these was the best spell I saw in my life. Bowling 3 gem of deliveries against 3 class batsmen, that too consecutively is the eye catcher. Lovely work!

Dhanush | ധനുഷ് said...

You said it - to 3 class batsman ( atleast 2 - lets say Butt is yet to be in the league against India;) ). Me and Kitchan was discussing just this today. No Matter how many runs they score, or how many 190's they make, They couldn't stop the seam-not-correct-galli-me-milnevala Pathan from cleaning 'em up !!