The queen of the blogworld Silverine had tagged me long back. Some where in the middle of my small busy life, I forgot that and when Alexis tagged me, I remembered that this tag of 10 favourite food items that I miss from my moms cooking. I have been missing it ever since I left my home to Pune 3 years back. Whenever I come back for a vacation, I will give her a list of items that needs to me made and she will prepare it one each a day. Now since I am in Bangalore, and go for a weekend, I am not able to give those long lists. However during this August 15 long weekend I was able to give a small list though ;)
1. Fish Curry: The best one I like in her cooking. She makes it the typical Malabary way in earthen pot and using coconut. And I supply her the Ayalas or Mathhi (Chala) fresh from the market. I am an expert in selecting fish.
2. Fish Fry: The fry with perfect blend of masala, which she makes on the grinding stone (Attammi), and oil. Too tasty and delicious especially the Ayalas and Mathhis.
3. Erisseri: The vegetable curry made using raw banana and parippu. Awesomely tasty. At my home I only likes it the best, so she always keep a second curry ready in case Achan or Sis shows a bad face ;)
4. Chakkakkuru and Muringa Leaves Curry: The vegetable curry made using Jackfruit Seeds and Moringa Leaves. Very Tasty.
5. Harisa: This is the normal Egg Burji which she makes it in less dry way. Don't know where the name came from, must be from Libya;)
6. Chicken Biriyani: She prepares this very tasteful. In fact my sis is more fan of her Biriyani. It is the typical Calicut style Biriyani, with that yellow tinge on the rice. With a salda and cocnut chutney awesomely tasty :)
7. Payasam: She makes the Semia Payasam. It would not at be too watery or sweety. With the perfect Kukrukkal she will make it tasty. I love all kind of payasams, but some how I like her Semia Payasam more than any other.
8. Unniappam: I think she learnt this from my Grandmother. And she makes it so soft. I usually ask her tomake it o nthe last day before I leave, so that I can pack some for my roommates.
9. Mampayar Thoran (Van Payar): This is the thoran made of the Big Brown Beans. I was a fan of this ever since I ate this first from my classmates tiffin box in class II :). She makes it with pieces of coconut and makes it dry.
10. Avil Nanachathu: She normally makes this for the evenings with Jaggery and there would be Banana's to mix and eat.
And last but not the least, the Tea she makes for us 5 times a day and also the Black Coffee which I get early in the morning before brushing my teeth. That really triggers the nature calls and makes my day perfect. I miss sitting on the door steps of kitchen workarea, which opens to the courtyard, and reading the Mathrubhumi with that Black Coffee in my hand.
After all these writing I think I am gonna miss this even more and that too writing at 1.34 PM makes it even more worse. Wish I could be at home :)
Its an open tag folks.