My earlier posts on books read in a particular year always started with the usual complaint that I didn't read enough books :-) This year it will not be, for I have met my Goodreads challenge and even exceeded it by one book. As per Good reads that is 104% (26/25). So you know what I am going to do this year, I just upped it by 5 books.
So here are my books read in 2018 and my ratings.
- If on a Winter's Night a Traveller - Italo Calvino - 3/5
- Varanasi - M.T - 3.5/5
- The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz - 4.5/5
- Strange Pilgrims - Gabriel Garcia Marquez - 4/5
- Smarakashilakal - Punathil Kunjabdulla - (re-read)
- Kaalam - M.T - (re-read)
- Travels with Charley - John Steinbeck - 3/5
- Ormachipp - K.V. Praveen - 2/5
- Family Life - Akhil Sharma -1/5
- The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexandar McCall Smith - 4/5
- Koo - Lasar Shine - 2.5/5
- The Last Temptation - Nikos Kazantazakis - 4/5
- 84, Charring Cross Road - Helene Hanff - 4/5
- Football in Sun & Shadow - Eduardo Galeano - 4.5/5
- Ghachar Ghochar - Vivek Shanbhag - 5/5
- The Curios Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - Mark Haddon - 2.5/5
- By Night in Chile - Roberto Bolano - 3.5/5
- The Little Town Where Time Stood Still - Bohumil Hrabal - 4/5
- The Reader - Bernhard Schlink - 3.5/5
- The Thirty-Nince Steps - John Buchan - 3/5
- Drishtichaver - Pramod Raman - 3/5
- Kanthapura - Raja Rao - 3/5
- Rebel Sultans - Manu Pillai - 4/5
- Rework - Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson - 4.5/5
- Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi - 4.5/5
- Ente Priyapetta Kathakal - N.S. Madhavan - 4/5
- Ghachar Gochar - One of the best books that have come out of Kannada Literature. I have made almost everyone in Geektrust read this :)
- Persepolis - To know how life was in Iran pre & post the Revolution. I formatted my laptop and gave it the name of this book.
- The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - To know Dominican Republic. To know Oscar.
- Football in Sun & Shadow - To know the history of football and world cup. Also to know the brilliance of Galeano. The book is poetry in prose.
- The Little Town Where Time Stood Still - If you want to get to know about Hrabal, who was called as Czechoslovakia's greatest writer by Milan Kundera. A book with life & wit.
- The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency - For Mma Ramotswe.
- Rebel Sultans - To know Deccan.