I have been tagged by the mad PophAbhi, and here goes my tag,
5 people who top your shit list….. and why:
- All the NRI/NRK Malayali parents who don’t teach their children to read and write Malayalam, by which the kids end up saying “korachu korachu malayalam”
- All the politicians who caused the demolition of Babri Masjid and there by triggered all the riots and made
more vulnerable to terrorist attack. India
- The Management which took the decision to revoke the offer of all the freshers who were to join my previous company in 2001 and there by causing a 2 year loss to my IT career.
- Mike Dennis for accusing Sachin Ramesh Tendlkar of ball tampering in 2001 SA Test Series.
- All the drivers who come across me when I am driving at night without dimming their headlights.
- A classmate of mine who even after being in town and even after calling him, didn’t come for our class get together that happened after 5 years.
Close brushes with death/danger:
- This is not any brush with death, may be with danger. I was upset with myself one day after my work in Calicut REC as Lecturer. I wanted to go home in the middle of the week and I drove my Kinetic Honda Scootter at a great speed from Calicut REC to Vadakara. I covered that entire distance of 75 kms in One and Half hour. At times I reached the speed of 80Kmph on that 100cc un-geared vehicle. Why it was dangerous? I was driving through Calicut Vadakara NH, where buses just brush you to the side and at evening after sunset. The most difficult time to drive any vehicle. I left at around from my room and was at home a little after 8PM. When I look back at that incident, I have a fear in me now. Oh God I was really nuts, that day.
- Again brush with Danger. Losing my way on the road from Malgaon (on NH 17in
Maharashtra) to Harihareshwar. I had my friend Naveenalong with me. Even though the time was around 8-8.30. The road was pitch dark, with no vehicles in front or back and no human beings around to ask a route. I still don’t know how I joined my other roadies who were waiting in a main junction.
- A funny one. Driving our Car on a very crowded
Mavoor Road, Calicutand ogling at the crowd that was coming out of Kairali-Sree theatre. While the car was going left ready to get on to the footpath Achan “Kizhukking” my head by saying “Nere nokki odikeda.” (Look Straight and Drive)
- While playing volleyball at college on the ground in front of C Hostel. My Junior Dileep’s smash coming straight to my face and there by breaking the spectacles into two. The broken glasses missed my eyes just by a whisker.
5 Preferable modes of suicide, in descending order:
Had never thought of this at any point of time in my life, and I believe one has no right to take his life gifted by god.
5 Guilty pleasures:
- Waking up on a Saturday Morning in Pune at around 12 in the . Completing the daily chores, preparing Chicken Curry on my own and then having it with A Kingfisher Strong Beer and Chappathi and sleeping again at around 5 in the evening.
- Calling up any known person from another phone and tell him/her that I am from some bank and you are supposed to pay X amount to the bank.
- Waking up at 3 in the morning to see
’s Test match against NewZealand. India
- Writing up a Blog (including this) when I have a lot of work to do.
- Speeding my bike and touching her maxima(90-100kmh) on the way to Kich’s house and back(in
Intermediate Ring Road).
5 things you never want to forget:
- My Close Friend Sandeep informing me that I was recruited to my previous company by campus selection. I hugged him and asked “What about you?” He was also there with me in the interview round. He said “Its only you man.” I was in tears, even though I got the job.
- Calicut REC Days with Sree and another good friend of mine.
- My sister getting into medical college with 167th rank. She had really worked for that, in her second attempt.
- The day when I became a proud owner of my machine, Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi
- The day I landed up in GEC, Trichur. I was one among the crowd in that Eastern Amphy Theater, wondering what next.
5 things you wish to forget:
- Unknowingly calling a teacher “Maakri” (tadpole) in Class 2. I was new to that school and I didn’t know the meaning of that word. One of my friends asked me to call the teacher, with this word. I called, only to be got hit by the Teacher. :(
- An allegation that I proposed a friend of mine, which I guess was propagated by her.
- A rare mistake from my part during work, which triggered 1636 files being moved to the Production Machine at the Client Site. Only one time I felt butterflies in my belly at work.
- The first and last time I was made to get tout from the class in school. Even though I didn’t tell it at home, a teacher in my school who was our relative took the pain to convey the message to my father.
- Riding my bicycle away from home and playing cricket on a day when my neighbor died when I was in school. He was very close to us, but since I am afraid of going to a house were death has occurred (I still am, a bit) and being bored in house I left for play. When I came back late, my father was really angry with me and beatings awaited.
5 really exotic dishes you have tried:
- Kappa and red hot fish curry( called a Molasion in some parts of Kerala)
- Puttu and Kadala Curry
- Kalathil Undaakkiya Thenga Arachu Vacha Meen(Ayala/Mathi) Curry. (Fish curry made in earthen pot with coconut paste. Fish preferably Mackeral or Sardine)
Leg !!! (Abhi Remember??) Turkey
- Any Payasam.
5 crushes/loves in your life… in chronological order
- Dia Mirza
- Catherine Zeta Jones
Strangest dream you ever had:
I saw this a couple of times after getting my Passport Stamped with Visa. I am asked to leave for US on a short notice and some how I manage to pack everything and leave
In reality I had a slight tension when I landed in the
5 most valued personal possessions:
- My Nikon D50 DSLR Camera.
- The thousands of photos which I took.
- My Bike.
- My Books and the articles I wrote and still write.
- My Diaries which I started since 8th Std. There is a nice feeling when you go back and read those.
5 favorite superheroes….. and why:
- Mayavi: For a simple technology he devised, “Om Kreem Kuttichata” and he is there.
- Phantom: The guy who used to come in the comics book which I read during my childhood. He deals with criminals and disappears after leaving his mark on the skin
- CID Nazir in Lankadahanam: For making the suitcase a Gun.
- Spiderman : In the movie’s, for the way he rescues Kirsten Durnst , my favorite :-)
- Dinkan: The true “Ethiralikkoru Poraali”
- Vikii : The alien who could do anything in “Poombatta”