Sunday, January 07, 2024

Books read in 2023


At the start of the last year, I decided to put quality and bigger books into the reading plan rather than quantity. Even then I kept a challenging target of 43 books. I thought reading would be easier than last year. However, it was severely affected due to various factors. Yet, I am glad and grateful that I managed to read these books and write and publish 3 articles. 


So here goes them, in the order of completion.


1. ബുക്സ്റ്റാൾജിയ - പി. കെ. രാജശേഖരൻ 2. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay - Michael Chabon 3. ചുവന്ന ബാഡ്ജ് - രാജേഷ് ആർ വർമ്മ 4. ഇതിഹാസത്തിൻ്റെ ഇതിഹാസം - ഒ.വി. വിജയൻ 5. The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida - Shehan Karunatilaka 6. വല്ലി - ഷീലാ ടോമി 7. പടിഞ്ഞാറെ കൊല്ലം ചോരക്കാലം - ജി. ഇന്ദുഗോപൻ 8. The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood. 9. IIT മദ്രാസ് - കെ. വി. മണികണ്ഠൻ 10. പൊനം - കെ. എൻ. പ്രശാന്ത് 11. The Bookshop - Penelope Cruz 12. സിംഹത്തിൻ്റെ കഥ - അഖിൽ. കെ. 13. മാസ്റ്റർപീസ് - ഫ്രാൻസിസ് നോറോണ 14. A Case of Exploding Mangoes - Mohammed Hanif. 15. Hellfire - Leesa Gazi 16. Man Tiger - Eka Kurniawan 17. My Father's Garden - Hansda Sowvendra Shekhar. 18. Purgatory - Tomás Eloy Martínez 19. കന്യാവനങ്ങൾ - പുനത്തിൽ കുഞ്ഞബ്ദുള്ള 20. മഞ്ഞ് - എം. ടി. (re-read) 21. The Museum Of Innocence - Orhan Pamuk 22. ദത്താപഹാരം - വി. ജെ ജെയിംസ് 23. The Laughing Policeman - Maj Sjöwall, Per Wahlöö 24. Sakina’s Kiss - Vivek Shanbhag 25. Segu - Maryse Condé 26. കാരി, ഒരു ദളിത് ദൈവത്തിന്റെ ജീവിത രേഖ - താഹ മാടായി 27. The Honjin Murders - Seishi Yokomizo 28. കിഷ്കിന്ധയുടെ മൗനം - ജയപ്രകാശ് പാനൂർ 29. വിശുദ്ധപാപങ്ങളുടെ ഇന്ത്യ - അരുൺ എഴുത്തച്ഛൻ 30. Kiss of the Spider woman - Manuel Puig 31. My Documents - Alejandro Zambra 32. The Lost Steps - Alejo Carpentier


My Top 5 Malayalam Recommendations


വല്ലി

ചുവന്ന ബാഡ്ജ്

പൊനം

സിംഹത്തിൻ്റെ കഥ

വിശുദ്ധപാപങ്ങളുടെ ഇന്ത്യ


My Top 5 English Recommendations


The Lost Steps

Sakina’s Kiss

Hellfire

Segu

Purgatory


Special Mentions


The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida

My Documents

ബുക്സ്റ്റാൾജിയ

Kiss of the Spider woman

A Case of Exploding Mangoes

Man Tiger

The Museum Of Innocence 

The Laughing Policeman


Many thanks to Shimmy for asking about my reading and recommending new books. A few Malayalam ones that I read this year would be from his recommendation. A detailed review of all these books are available on my Instagram.


Happy Reading to you all in 2024! 

 

No comments: